Re: what's in a name and the "guy code"

To: S800Racer@aol.com, mikerosen@home.com, gerrybraz@voyager.net
Subject: Re: what's in a name and the "guy code"
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 17:35:23 -0500
OK, for all you late comers, slow thinkers, and attorneys...

  "lady de jour" was someone else's term, not mine. In fact, the remark I'd
made privately was "arm candy", which was then distributed by Joe
("formerly MY HERO, now know as Flat Dick" Alexander ... thus returning
Rick "formerly known as Smokey, then Flat Dick" Dunleavy to his original name.

The Flat Dick award is given to the Thicko that commits the most grievous
"fox paw"  (French, for Mike "2 Stroke" Rosen) in public directed at the
FLounder.

If you turn the way back machine Sherman, to the winter banquet a few years
ago, I brought a date... Roberta. 2 months later, at the Continental Motors
wine and cheese let's pretend we're the beautiful people soiree (French
again... god I'm good), Rick walks up to my date Michelle (who looks
nothing like Roberta...) and says "Are you the one he brought a couple of
months ago? "uhh... no, Rick... she isn't, but thanks for asking". (Hence,
the "Flat Dick" moniker).

So, in the interest of the long term health of the next Thicko that says
something stupid that jeopardizes m immediate or long term chances for "hot
monkey love" with whatever woman I choose to be with, I've tried to make
this policy VERY clear.

Oh... and Doug... in case you're just figuring this out... make no mistake
about it... it's benevolent dictatorship.

(Your mileage may vary)

Flounder
(working himself into his usual pre-race tizzy...)

At 02:16 PM 7/11/2001 -0400, S800Racer@aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 7/11/01 8:05:19 AM, mikerosen@home.com writes:
>
><< that would be "lady de jour" as in soupe de jour ...soup of the day.
>Perhaps un femme de nuit would make good company >>
>
>     Let me get this straight - WST is out there frolicking with "lady de
>jour" and he wants everyone to hold any and all public comment lest we
>somehow complicate his love life?  Why does he deserve special treatment and
>exemption from general razzing?  I thought the TT list was a place where one
>and all were free to speak their mind (if they have one) without fear of
>censorship?  This whole episode has a dark and tyrannical shade to it.
>
>     Doug Meis

///
///  team-thicko@autox.team.net mailing list
///