RE: Pie & Mash Pootlers

To: "'David Laver'" <dlaver@ms.com>, "'Black Bart'" <blackbart@thicko.com>
Subject: RE: Pie & Mash Pootlers
From: Andrew Pursey <MorrisOxford@s054.aone.net.au>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 12:43:21 +1100
David....

"Team name - perhaps 'Pie & Mash Pootlers' after the East End 'delicacy' =
(more a
tradition) still obtainable in the cafe round the corner from our arch.  =
The
pie is eels, cheap, and remembered with great affection by those who =
haven't
had any for fifty years."

That brings back happy memories of the 60s with jellied eels and =
winkles/cockles/etc, plus a pint of Guinness.  Also, the pie and mash =
consumed late at night at the caff just off City Road, Islington, on the =
way back from Drill Night with Territorial Army unit.

If I ever get back to the UK and to Blackheath I'll be asking you to =
help this Londoner get a fix on the old grub.

These days its Sydney Rock Oysters and kangaroo steaks washed down by =
Australia's brilliant wines.

What makes it even more cruel discussing food is that I have to go on a =
desperate diet so that I can get my Body Mass Index to an appropriate =
level ready for my medical for my racing licence - horrible timing, just =
after Christmas.

Safe motorsport to all for 1998.

....regards...Andrew "Axeman" Pursey of The Morris Dancers....1955 =
Morris Oxford (racing in Group Na pre'58 Classic Saloons), 1956 Morris =
Isis (almost a daily driver) and 1996 Saab 900S Coupe (quality worse =
than most LBCs and Saab attitude to customers worse than BL ever was =
back in the 70s - don't buy a Saab)....alternate email =
saabsux@hotmail.com

=00