Fat Blokes

To: Roger Los <roger@austinhealey.com>
Subject: Fat Blokes
From: David Laver <dlaver@ms.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 10:44:56 GMT
> A question for you racers:
>
> I occasionally see old race cars that have every concievable part drilled,
> filed or made of something exotic in the interest of weight saving, but the
> driver could easily loose 50 pounds and not be in danger of being called
> slender. Wouldn't it be easier, cheaper and better aesthetically to
> liposuction the driver?
>
> Roger Los

Well - last spring I finally shed the two stone Sara had be nagging me about
for four years and took a substantial sum in sponsorship from collegues who
doubted my fibre.  Strange that those who know my ultra light Austin 7 and the
lengths I went to with it didn't sponsor me...  First competetive event shortly
after end of sponsored diet.  One useful side effect is that she lets me race
in the hope I'll keep the weight off.  I'm looking for more power to enable me
to get more beers and curry down.

David