Bishop

To: team-thicko@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Bishop
From: Black Bart <blackbart@thicko.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 08:03:09 -0600
WST,

Sorry to hear about Jim.  Thanks for sharing that with us. I know you made
his life happier by bringing back the "Bishop".

For those of you on this list that have not read WST's account of "the
Bishop", it is well worth reading and looking at the Pictures.

(www.thicko.com)

A little side note.  This car, the Bishop, was the first "prepped" Bugeye I
had ever driven.  I had driven dirt slow 948cc Bugeyes in the past, but the
best way to describe their performance was   well,  .."yawn"..

Well, when Bill let me drive the Bishop, it was like a whole new world.  And
that one is not as developed as the our modern day "vintage" racers.(ALL
legal, mind you)

I was hooked and began my quest for a vintage race Bugeye.  Not long after
that, WST found my current Bugeye for me.  And Luckily, I got over to look
at it before he did...or it would be collecting dust in one of his storage
buildings, scattered around northern Illinios.  Now its out there racing, as
it did since it was brand new in 1959.             ..and next year.......
this summer...         it will beat his ass.

Gar.