Re: confessions of the Flounder

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Subject: Re: confessions of the Flounder
From: Mark Donaldson <ardmore@voyager.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 16:07:27 -0800
Wm. Severin Thompson wrote:

> To all my good friends....
>
> Regardless of the holidays... anyone else with serious gray sky cabin
> fever?
>
> Looking forward to seeing some of you folks at midwest racing social
> gatherings in the next few weeks. It's weird, but once you do battle on
> the track at the edge of adhesion (yeah, I know, sometimes past the
> edge) lap after lap, we just seem to develop a bond and a respect for
> one another that's pretty special. And I miss that camaraderie during
> the winter months. Hell, Gary and I are even nice to each other...

        Hell, I enjoy it, and I haven't even MET you gentlemen,
        let alone had any on-track (or off-track) experiences.

> Work sucks... it's gone from a passion to a job, in a few short months.
> Anyone know of a high paying job for someone with an obvious talent for
> self-promotion?

        Yes. Ever thought of being a third-World dictator?
        Good money, no taxes. The jobs tend not to last too long.
        Should suit you right down to the ground!?
        However, possible unscheduled demise at the end of
        the term of office could prove bothersome...

> I'm hoping that all is well with you and yours this holiday season.
>
> WST
> All funked up Flounder

        ... And Christmas Greetings to all of you, from an
        unseasonally hot New Zealand, hammered by the El Nino.

        MHD
        Ardmore
        Home of the NZ Grand Prix: 1954 - 1961