[Shotimes] Speedo/odometer problem

To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] Speedo/odometer problem
From: "Adam Phillips" <adambant@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 22:20:39 -0400
Ok, 2 weeks ago when i started having the Crank sensor failure problem, i
did some poking around under the hood, as we all would, looking for somthing
stupiid/simple to plug back in or tighten up. Well in my "poking" around, i
barely brushed the speedo cable coming out of the tranny with my forearm,
and the plastic part kinda fell apart and disconnected. So i got another
used one, LUBED IT UP real well, spun beautifully and smooth, and installed
it. Speedo worked again fine....till tonite when it dropped to zero on my
way home. Took a peek with the flashlight in the driveway, grabbed the cable
and wiggled, hmm, nope, still all connected and snug like it shoud be. So im
worried if somehow it stripped out whatever is inside the transmission? If
this is the case, how crazy hard would that be to fix? Any ideas or
suggestoins please :) Thanx!

Adam Phillips
Trenton, NJ
92 White MTX