Re: [Shotimes] Replacing Brake Lines Question

To: "clubairth@bellsouth.net" <clubairth@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Replacing Brake Lines Question
From: "Zach Leahy" <leahyz@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 10:27:51 -0400
I've done this job on the racecar (and other vehicles as well) and agree on
both items.

1) Double Flare - Always.  (or metric bubble flare like is OEM in many
locations)
2) Pre-flared lines are nice.  In retrospect I should have done this as it
would have been easier and cheaper.

I spliced my lines together as my bad section was where it goes ove rthe
tank.  I cut the OEM lin under the driver door, double flared it and put in
a splice.  Then I ran new lines to the back.  It's an easy way to ditch the
rear bias valve too.  I put in a brake line "patch panel" where it was so I
can put bias adjusters in if I would ever need to.  For now it's straight
through.

--
Zach Leahy
Fort Wayne, IN