[Shotimes] Re: List Unity

To: shotimes <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shotimes] Re: List Unity
From: Jon Heese <shotimes@jonheese.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 11:42:00 -0400
Well, if you were following this movement from its beginning last week,
you'll remember that the point of it was to replace the aging and
fragmented SHOTimes and TechSHO lists with this one V6SHO list.

So, instead of looking at this new list as "yet another SHO list", it
should really be conceived of as "one less SHO list", since
theoretically it should be turning two into one.

IIRC, people on both lists have been lamenting the lack of certain
control functions and attachments for years now.  Are there any
objections to this change now?

As to your question of "why not just use one of the groups we have
now?"... well, for that matter, why not use two of the groups we have
now, in one convenient post?  If we disband SHOTimes and TechSHO in
favor of this new list (which is part of the premise of this list), then
that's exactly what it will represent.

The trick is just getting everyone to move over in an orderly fashion.
If we all sit around complaining about having to jump through hoops for
the new list, then we'll doom it to failure before it even has a chance.

Regards,
Jon Heese