[oletrucks] 55 chevy truck overheating problem

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 55 chevy truck overheating problem
From: "mark treutelaar" <phoneman@ticon.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 18:03:04 -0600
Hi I have a problem that maybe someone here can help me with.I have a 235
engine . My engine temp gauge goes fro cold to hot after about 10 minutes . It
doesnt gradualy do this . It jumps to hot and nowhere in between. The radiator
is full. Ive replaced the thermostat and sending unit and I dont think its the
waterpump. The radiator doesnt overheat or overflow . Im wondering if it could
have a bad guage because it reads hot all the way or cold all the way and not
in betwwen . You would think if the guage was shot it woul not read hot . When
you shut the engine off it reads cold after it starts again and then in a few
minutes or more -goes directly to hot  Any ideas or suggestions ? Anyone else
have this problem ? Thanks again Mark