Re: [oletrucks] bearing race

To: Edward Miller <edngael@open.org>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] bearing race
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 08:02:44 -0400
Just an idea, if the torque tube is out anyhow I removed my rear wheel
bearings with a 5' pipe from the other end. You could weld something on the
end to give you a little better edge grip. Also there should be a large
washer behind the bearing race that is what you need to push or pull
against. I don't know what the diamond cutting tool costs that you are
considering but a carbide rotary file should work and might be cheaper. I
don't think a nick or two in the axle housing will be disaster as long as
there is enough good metal left to ensure a press fit of the new bearing.

Grant 50 3100