newsletters

Re: Newsletter material

To: CobMeister@aol.com, newsletters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Newsletter material
From: Jaral48462@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 14:07:45 EST
In a message dated 98-02-13 12:47:39 EST, CobMeister@aol.com writes:

<< Gee! Whata surprise to see activity on the newsletters list! >>

I agree,  haven't seen this much activity on the newsletter list since I've
been on it.  The only post I have received was a post chastising me for
posting my Web Site for the Austin Healey National Conclave.  I was taken to
task for Spamming the list.  The Web Site I refer to can be found at
http://members.aol.com/jaral48462/index.html
Hope posting the URL doesn't offend any one.

I sympathize with all newsletter editor in the task of coming up with articles
each month.  Our club has 148 members and getting any of them to contribute an
article is like pulling teeth.  A technical source library on general car care
and maintenance would be a huge asset to all of us.

I've been trying to get all 48 newsletter editors affiliated with the Austin
Healey Club of America to standardize our Publisher Software so we can
exchange newsletters via the Internet and save the cost of printing and
postage associated with putting out editions monthly to other than my local
membership.  By receiving copies of other Newsletters it affords the
opportunity to use (with permission of course) tech tips and articles of
interest from other clubs.

Thanks to all of you for putting some life in this list

Ron Mitchell
"Wheel Spin"Newsletter Editor, South East Michigan Austin Healey Club