Re: 948 with ribcase: no clutch action

To: <morris@autox.team.net>, "Kevin Wayne Williams" <kww@gte.net>
Subject: Re: 948 with ribcase: no clutch action
From: "PAsgeirsson" <Pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 20:39:52 -0800
Hi Kevin,

Assuming that the pivot bolt was used on the TO arm, and this is a
mechanical clutch operation, and all the linkage is right, I'm suspicious
that the 948 TO Bearing was used.  You may need to use the 1275 TO bearing
as it has a much larger offset.

Thick plate!  more offset to the TO bearing needed.

But I'm surprised that you don't get at least some resistance from the TO
arm, even if it's touching the side of the hole in the case it passes
through with your maximum adjustment.

What front cover on the trans was used along with what TO arm and what
flywheel?

Later, Paul A