948 with ribcase: no clutch action

To: morris@autox.team.net
Subject: 948 with ribcase: no clutch action
From: Kevin Wayne Williams <kww@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 20:04:31 -0800
Finally got all my linkage and pulley issues resolved with my supercharged
948. Getting ready to fire it up in the morning, so I adjusted the clutch
tonight. No joy. I adjusted the linkage to its extreme, and I can easily
push it through to the floor with my hand. No feeling of engagement at any
point. I'll test it by actually spinning the motor with the rear wheels
jacked up in the morning, but I have no reason to believe that it will work.

The shop used a 948 (early), and the ribcase I had been running on the
1275. They used a 948 clutch setup and the backplate from my 1275. Anybody
got a good clue as to what to look for before I tear it apart? Is there
something really simple they could have fouled up that would result in this?

I'll post the whole saga of mounting the Shorrocks once I get everything
resolved.

KWW