Need A Transmission Front Cover?

To: <morris@autox.team.net>
Subject: Need A Transmission Front Cover?
From: "The Nelsons" <nesenrik@knology.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 12:09:39 -0600
Hi,
I recently installed a Midget transmission into my Morris.  I will be having
original the Morris ribcase transmission rebuilt and returned to the car
when it is completed.  I discovered that the Midget front cover will not
work in a Morris.  Paul, at Morrisservice in Portland, makes a great
conversion kit to make an old smoothcase transmission front cover work on a
Morris, but those smoothcase covers are getting harder to find.
I met a guy who works at a foundry, who said he can cast a few Morris front
covers using my original front cover as a pattern.  Price will be related to
how many he makes, but won't be cheap.  If enough are needed he can make a
permanent mold, which would allow more to be made in the future.  There is
no way the reproduction Morris covers can be made to be less expensive than
the cost of buying a smoothcase front cover and having Paul do the
conversion.  If you are looking for an inexpensive way to put the Midget
transmission into your Morris, see him.
I need to get an idea of how many people would be interested in buying a
reproduction Morris transmission front cover that would allow you to use a
Midget ribcase transmission in your Minor.  I'm not looking for orders, just
measuring interest.  At this point it looks like the cover would cost
between $75 and $100 U.S., but that estimate is based on a telephone call.
I'm taking the cover to him on Tuesday, but I'll need an idea of how many
before I can get a more accurate price.  It me turn out to be more than $100
per cover, but I don't expect that.  The only "guarantee" I got was that the
new part would be stronger than the original part.
Email me at nesenrik@knology.net and let me know if you would be interested,
and also your opinions on the project.  Do you think the cost will prevent
anyone from buying?

Thanks,
Rick Nelson