Glove Box, Transmission Suggestions

To: morris@autox.team.net
Subject: Glove Box, Transmission Suggestions
From: BillSvale@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 11:56:41 EST
I just got my newly painted '57 Morris Convertible presentable enough to
drive to work and my coworkers were absolutely awestruck that I had such an
unusual and beautiful car.  It made all the hard work of restoring the former
basket case worthwhile.  I'm still working on some of the less critical items
such as the glove box liners and covers.  My new liners came with screw clips
that look like they should attach around the perimeter but the only
corresponding holes in the sheet metal are the four holes in the hinge
positions.  How do I attach the rest of the liner?  Do I have to drill more
holes?  Also, what is the preferred hinge attachment hardware?  should I use
clip on speed nuts and countersunk sheetmetal screws or some other
arrangement?  My original glove box liner and lid attachment hardware seems
to have gone to car heaven so I don't have a model to work from.

My original smoothcase transmission is functional but makes threatening
noises telling me I should have a "plan B".  I have a ribcase transmission
from a Midget that I would like to have rebuilt as a replacement.  Any
recommendations for who in the SF Bay is in the buisness of rebuilding this
type of transmission would be appreciated.

Thanks to all list members who have helped me over the years in getting my
venerable Minor functional and presentable.  I'm planning on displaying it at
the car meet in Palo Alto later this year.   ---Bill Langdell