Re:

To: Gary Kneisley <kneisley@ohio.net>
Subject: Re:
From: gdm@po.cwru.edu (David McCoy)
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 10:57:44 -0500 (EST)

>Having just gone through the issue with a local heating contractor, garage
>heat has lots of ramifications.  The primary reason to heat is to protect
>the vehicle from rust and moisture.  Heating saturated air lowers the
>relative humidity and makes life dryer for the car.  In Ohio the outside air
>is extremely humid in the winter, and inside the house it becomes cracking,
>zapping dry.
>
>The best way is infra-red heat, which heats objects rather than air, so when
>you open the door, the heat exchange is not so rapid.  However, that again
>involves a flame.

Gary-I'm confused. I thought Infrared heat would be electric ie heat
lamps-ergo no flame? Or am I missing something?

Dave McCoy

G. David McCoy, PhD                             phone: (216) 368-5963
Department of Environmental Health Sciences       fax: (216) 368-3194
Case Western Reserve University                  email: gdm@po.cwru.edu
School of Medicine
Cleveland, OH 44106