Re: LONG OVER DUE COMPLETE RESTORATION PROJECT

To: jjs3rd@ix6.ix.netcom.com, morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: LONG OVER DUE COMPLETE RESTORATION PROJECT
From: Wildbil923@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 03:56:41 -0500 (EST)
II've been "working" on a Morgan +4 for about 13 years, so I have reason to
brag.  This car required a new frame, front suspension and cross frame,
engine rebuild, several new wood pieces, etc, etc.  Some of the work I did
myself and other work was done by others.  I've got about $15,000 into it and
it still needs several relatively small tasks completed plus final assembly
and painting.

But my point is not about cost.  Like you, I stopped restoring this car about
10 years ago due to my own tendency to procrastinate.  Lately, I've taken it
up again and intend to finish it within a year.

I'd like to offer an approach suggested to me by a friend.  Restoring a car
is like moving a huge pile of lumber from one side of your yard to another.
 If you move it one piece at a time, over a period of weeks, or maybe months,
it will be all moved.  Sitting around thinking about how big the job is gets
you nowhere.  If I had simply dealt with one little thing every few days over
the past 12 years, this car would have been on the road a long time ago.
 Instead, I dwelled upon such things as the brakes I couldn't get to bleed,
or the axle that got damaged during towing.  Now that I'm back into it, I
don't think about the big job ahead, I simply set a small goal, like
attaching five or six wires, removing that  blankety-blank damaged rear axle,
etc.  and I'm amazed at the progress I've already made.  If you can chunk the
task down to lots of little tasks, you will be amazed at how quickly it all
comes together.