LONG OVER DUE COMPLETE RESTORATION PROJECT

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: LONG OVER DUE COMPLETE RESTORATION PROJECT
From: John Stanton <jjs3rd@ix6.ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 1997 17:37:15 -0500
Greetings all,

I am new to the list but have had my MOG for some time, at least in spirit.
 I own a 1959 +4 four seater.  It belonged to my grandfather who had much
fun with it (which may account for its poor condition).  This included
racing at Lime Rock and various hill climb events.

About 8 years ago I disassembled, cataloged and boxed the entire car.  With
all the good intentions or restoring it.  Well after purchasing a new
sub-frame from Bob Couch, I ran out of restoration money and shortly after
that ran out of time.  So as you all know that is the restoration killer
combination.  But a new day is here.  I still don't have much time but have
some money to subcontract a portion of the work.  Knowing that the car is
in boxes it will be a real project.  Any input would be helpful.

I would like any input as to restoration costs for the various components:
Everything is complete except for the wood frame thats shot as well as some
interior pieces and minor body work.

1)      Replace wood frame, reassemble and paint body
2)      Recondition engine and components
3)      Brakes
4)      suspension parts
5)      Electrical parts
6)      interior