Re: Moss Box +4 plate

To: Robert m Bowie <deemi@juno.com>,
Subject: Re: Moss Box +4 plate
From: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 97 23:39:30 -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --

I have three of these all with broken mounting arms. One has been welded .
What I don't understand is that they are made of magnesium. I thought
Magnesium would burn  and once started can't be extinguished.  Anyone know
how   they weld this stuff ?

Also Robert, these arms usually get broken when the car is in an accident.
If hit hard enough to break the arm the bell housing will usually get bent
in the process.  If bent more than two degrees you will have very bad clutch
wear and the splines on the transmission input shaft and Muff coupling will
wear quickly  ( 15,000 miles)

Bob Nogueira    " I said I have far more parts than any one man should have
"