Re: Moss Box +4 plate

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Moss Box +4 plate
From: S Manwell <smanwell@sprintmail.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 1997 13:31:43 -0500
Robert m Bowie wrote:

> Does anyone have a back plate extra for a Moss Box, for a +4,

Robert,

I'd look for a very good welder to put the plate back together.  I don't
believe there are many (any?) spares out there.  Check with the Mog
factory, Mog Spares, Penny Bates, etc. too.

A couple possible repair sources:  Competition Motors in Salem, Mass
(they regularly patch Bugatti's back together after the vintage racer's
break them) and also Engines and Components in Beverly, Mass. -- they do
some of the machine work for Competition Motors.

--Steve Manwell
Melrose, MA
'54 Plus 4 restoration in progress. If you're in southern Maine, I'm not
too far away -- stop by if you're in the area.