engine colors

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: engine colors
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 09:09:53 -0400
Fellow mog-o-philes:

Now, on to my next question:  as part of the continueing saga of the engine
pull...  As it looks pretty certain I'll be pulling the engine for the rear
seal work, I thought it would also be a good time to spruce up the engine
bay while waiting for parts.  John B. has already recommended a special
paint for the fire wall, POR15, which I am ordering.

I have a sense that factory habbits were flexible as regards details of the
Mog.  However, every Mog I've seen has the fire wall in black.  Is this
basically true?  I was thinking of cleaning up the engine and painting it,
but what color?  I don't mean to imply that I'm intent upon absolute
originality, but...  I'm talking about the ford engine here, so please don't
tell me to paint it Ford blue (that color makes me urpy).  I cheer for every
ford powered racing car, don't get me wrong, but that blue is a bit...
upsetting to me.  I am guessing a nice black is plenty fine enough.

Comments?
Suggestions?
Donations?

Cheers,