Re: engine colors

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: engine colors
From: jblair@exis.net (John T. Blair)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 19:12:59 -0400
At 07:28 AM 6/27/96 -0500, BOB   NOGUEIRA wrote:

>Will;
> Only suggestion i would make is to seal the crack between the
> firewall panel and the chassis cross rail. The fire wall fits
> behind the rail and there is nothing to seal out water. Every
> Morgan I've ever rebuilt had bad rust in the area from  the
> trapped water.

This also applies to the valances (inner fender panels) where they
attach across the firewall.  I suggest using the POR-15 on all
these hidden surfaces and the top of the firewalls which is also
very rust prone due to the rubber mat and the tool box.

> 3 M has a product called Drip Check. It come in a tube and is a
> rubberize type caulk. Its paintable so and holds  the paint well
> while keeping out the water.

I concour.  Had not heard of this product so I used clear silicon
calk on my car.

John

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire

The one with the most toys, wins!