mini-baja

RE: chrome moly and douglas wheels

To: mini-baja@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: chrome moly and douglas wheels
From: Craig <jponrocks@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 15:20:08 -0800 (PST)
We've always have used 4130 Chromo.  Weld failure has
not been a issue for us even though we don't really
post or pre heat.  In critical aplications such as F1
racing pre and pst heat are important because they use
the least amount of filler material possible, where
thats not quite the case with us.  Some of our teams
have doen some testing a they've concluded that our
tube will tear before the welds will fail.  Also chrmo
has a higher resitance to denting then mild steel
does.

Craig