mini-baja

Re: NTN CV Joints

To: mini-baja@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: NTN CV Joints
From: Anthony Perfetto <perfetto@purdue.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 08:05:24 -0500
We use NTN Cv's on our car.  We tried pressing them apart without much luck.
We are only trying to save the Cv's and then make new half shafts.  WE found
that you can cut the shaft as close to the cv as you can get.  This will allow
you to rotate the cage far enough to start dropping ball bearings out.  Once
you get all the bearings out, you can get down to the star piece that's
attatched to the shaft.  Put this in the mill and drill the shaft out.  If you
get the right size drill, you can get the shaft out without hitting the splines.

Anthony
Purdue Mini-Baja