mini-baja

Re: NTN CV Joints

To: acm4754 <acm4754@ksu.edu>
Subject: Re: NTN CV Joints
From: Russ Wylie <rdw5688@vmsmail.rit.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 19:22:07 -0500
My team uses NTN shafts off of a Honda i think.. Dunno what type or whatever
(can't remeber right now, I think foreman, don't quote me though)..  All I can
tell you is that the factory told me that you can't get them apart.  We made a
10 foot long slide hammer than hung from a rafter used a 20 # weight thrown
downt he slide hammer to pull them suckers apart.. well they didn't come apart
so we cut them apart, MAN THAT IS HARD STUFF, VERY HARD... but then you have to
make new shafts..

See ya bud