RE: PA rear spring front pivot

To: <jorolibb@aol.com>, <hughes.c.m@worldnet.att.net>, <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: PA rear spring front pivot
From: "Bob Grunau" <grunau.garage@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 08:44:48 -0500
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Thanks to all that replied. The trunnion bearings that came out were
definetely solid "brass", and a set of new ones I have were also solid
brass.

So I need to source some phosphor bronze or bearing bronze trunnion
bearings. I installed a new pair of in stock brass ones and used grease
directly injected into the trunnions to get me by for now. Winter is nearly
here and I need to have the car mobile.
Thanks again, Bob Grunau

Mike, Bob, Lew, etc.

I believe this is what I made mine from, bearing bronze or phosphor bronze.

John Libbert

I recall always seeing them referred to as "bronze" or even "phosphor
bronze" trunnions. Can anyone verify this?

- Mike Hughes -t?t-

/