Re: M-portant info wanted!

To: spook01@comcast.net, mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: M-portant info wanted!
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 22:03:01 EST
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
In a message dated 1/13/2006 3:13:38 PM Pacific Standard Time,
spook01@comcast.net writes:

> He sent a
> photo of his, showing what appears to be the early Ford blue on his engine.
> Do you guys with M experience concur that the M engines were all the Ford
> (like the early Mustang engine) light blue??

Ray, Mike Allison wrote a comprehensive article on engine colors a few years
back....I think the NAMMM newsletter reprinted it, it was also in Safety Fast.
  Don't remember if it went as far back as M type but Mike said that racing
car "show" engines were painted a french blue but that real racing engines
never got painted...not enough time between rebuilds.   He also is a firm
beliver
that MMM cars had dark red/maroon engines.....Lew Palmers survey indicates
that a lot cars had green engines....so you takes your choice and you paints
your
engine.....my NA is green cause I had a lot of green left over from the SA
engine and they definitely had green engines!  Besides, I like green!!
Terry