Re: M-portant info wanted!

To: TATERRY@aol.com, spook01@comcast.net, mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: M-portant info wanted!
From: DB35PA@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 22:25:59 EST
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Ray,

First early myth I heard as I chased same issue on my PA was... all pre-war
engines were red. Blue was exclusive to factory racing engines and green
indicated the engine had failed final inspection and re-circulated back through

for repair.

Subsequent readings, already quoted by others, and interviews with owners  of
original engines seem to dispel this completely. Lew's color survey was also
most helpful.

My engine is green... car is duotone Red with red interior and that was
enough different shades of red for any one car. One of my mentor's PA...   BJO
800
is original and block is green. Good enough for me.

Don B.