Re: mystery fitting-P type

To: lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com, mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: mystery fitting-P type
From: DB35PA@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 01:54:07 EST
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Lew,

You and Terry both described it a lot better than I did...

Yes, I have the collars, captured by the tapered pins, directly adjacent to
the clutch housing, left and right.

Yes, the brackets are of the pinch/bolt arrangement as you say...

It's that threaded hole that seems (to me) to be superfluous.  The  collars
prevent the engine from sliding side to side on the tube. The "pinch" of  the
brackets keep the tube from sliding side to side (as well as fore and aft)
inside the chassis frame.

For those who asked for pictures, I'll send tomorrow.

Thanks,

Don B.