Re: Mystery fitting-P type

To: Kellmg@aol.com, mmmbob@adelphia.net, mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Mystery fitting-P type
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 20:08:42 EST
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 11/19/2004 3:59:54 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Kellmg@aol.com writes:

> Hello Bob and others
>
> Surely this question of Don's has to be that the  tube must be locked to the
> gearbox for rigidity of the latitudinal plane of  the rear end of the
> engine?
>
> From memory, isn't the P-type locked somehow also on the bellhousing, plus
> the near side cross member bracket?

Gents, my N type has a threaded hole on the near side bracket of the gearbox
cross tube and the tube itself is tapped for a locking bolt.  Both are 5/16
BSF.  Then there are two collars that fit up to the gearbox on this tube and
each has a tapered pin that locks it in place......at one time Mike Allison
told
me that he was making upsome of the rubber that gointo the gearbox for this
tube to ride in but I've heard no more about that.  My rubbers are very firm at
this point.
Terry from the Offside in Oakland