Re: PA SU Fuel Pump Location

To: grunau.garage@sympatico.ca, mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: PA SU Fuel Pump Location
From: DB35PA@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 15:46:16 EDT
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Hi Bob,

My car had the same "fiber glass" petrol tank illness. Had local welder
replace entire back of tank with sheet steel. Looks great and a lot cheaper
than
new.

We got into the issue of fuel line routing at Abingdon (IL.) gathering two
years ago. As the new guy asking the question, I was the designated "crawlee"
to  go under everyone's P. We had two lines over the frame, two lines under and
(of  course) one of each. General consensus (and old photos) seem to be both
lines up  and over the rear frame rail.

Up and over (seems to me) to be the safer location if one were to  bottom-out
on a curb or roadside. Under the frame could be more easily pinched  against
the obstruction and the bottom of the frame.

Don B. (Old up and over)