Reflector aluminizing

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Reflector aluminizing
From: "Bill Traill" <bill@clovermachine.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:46:31 -0800
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Aluminizing......

The 120 inch diameter James Lick telescope mirror is
aluminized....must be good!

They have no way to glass coat the mirror. The mirror is re-aluminized
every 7 years on site in a specal chamber in the basement of the
observatory. The techie told me if they had the facility to glass coat the
mirror it would last forever.

Bill Traill
Santa Clara, Calif
J2 3343