Re: RE: PA Bucket seats

To: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>, "'Pete Thelander'" <pthelander@earthlink.net>, "'Ray'" <spook01@comcast.net>, <TATERRY@aol.com>, <bill707@earthlink.net>, <MIKEFRAN@aol.com>
Subject: Re: RE: PA Bucket seats
From: <hiro@octagongarage.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 10:28:46 +0900
Cc: <britcars@juno.com>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Don,

Bucket seats for 2 seater cars are approx. 1.5" narrower than bench
seats, and front seats of 4 seater PA is much nerrower due to no cutout
for prop-shaft tunnel - in my case, my J2 bench seats is too wide for
me, so I still sometimes go for hair cut with my two kids (10 & 8 years
old - yes, it is occasional three!). Narrower PB Airline bucket seat is
snugger, but still large enough. My ass is not that big, since I am only
 5'8" and 145pounds.

Lew,

Yesterday I was sitting in my PB Airline and thinking about chopping the
 steering column, but I found it is not easy since the Airline body
become getting narrower at the dashpanel area, so if we cut the column 2
 inches, steering wheel rim will touch the door! Then we need to find
rare four spoke 18" L Salonette/Continental Coupe's steering wheel, but
still less room to turn it. Headache, but we will have to leave it as it
 is - fortunately not so big problem for standard sized Japanese male.
But if you have a good solution, let me know.

Cheers,
Hiro

"Lew Palmer"  wrote:

My PB Airline also has bucket seats, albeit with a folding back. I
haven't driven the car any distance, but when I sat in it, the only
complaint was the proximity of the steering wheel to my chest. I'm 6'1"
and 200 lbs and didn't feel uncomfortable in the butt.

Cheers,
Lew Palmer