Re: PA Bucket seats

To: "Ray" <spook01@comcast.net>, TATERRY@aol.com, bill707@earthlink.net, MIKEFRAN@aol.com
Subject: Re: PA Bucket seats
From: "Pete Thelander" <pthelander@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 15:48:15 -0800
Cc: britcars@juno.com, mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Don, Terry, et al,

Over the last two years my wife and I have spent something like 1500 miles
in a Ernie Page's PA touring Scotland.  And I might add that we did find
the bench perfectly comfortable. There is no question the PA is smaller
than our own TC.  Getting in and out is a tighter squeeze than the TC, but
once in, the room is adequate for us average size folks.  We have sat in
both Jerry Felper's and Jack Hardy's PA tourers and did find the bucket
seats to be snug.  (I am only 5'11'', 165 lbs....Discretion and self
preservation prevent me from giving out such classified information about
the bride of 47 years.)

There is no question but that the standard bench seat would be the way to
go for any one but the smallest segment of the population.   We have spent
many thousands of miles in the TC and consider it to be very comfortable.
If you really want to bellyache about small bucket seats, consider the NE,
it is only 13".  But it is not very deeply contoured and I'm staying in it
for no longer than 20 minutes or so at a time.  Now if you really need a
larger posterior parking lot, Terry failed to suggest one additional
alternative, and that would be his SA.  The K2 Airline seats are also not
so deeply contoured and the wider chassis does provide more elbow, hip and
every other kind of room.  But all that said, I would still love to have a
nice PA or PB for normal touring enjoyment.

Pete Thelander