PA Oil filter

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: PA Oil filter
From: GRaw505@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 08:04:54 EST
Cc: british-cars-pre-war@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Hello all
Apologies for bringing this up again but I didn't do anything about it when I
last asked and have since lost the answers.

Does anyone have the spec for a modern filter that will fit into the PA
canister?  I fitted the adaptor to take a modern screw-on filter ages ago and
haven't been satisfied ever since.  When the car is left standing for any
length of
time it is almost impossible to get oil pressure when starting up.  I have to
crank the engine over on the starter for about 30 seconds without the
ignition turned on, then wait for a minute or two for the oil to drain back
into the
canister before starting up properly.  If I don't carry out this procedure the
pressure only just creeps up to 20psi and won't go any higher.  Turn off and
wait again and usually full pressure is available as above.
With the modern paper filter (was it Mercedes or Renault?) are any
modifications required?
Best Regards
Geoff Rawlings
'34 PA s/c