RE: PA Oil filter

To: "GRaw505@aol.com" <GRaw505@aol.com>, mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: PA Oil filter
From: "Pete Thelander" <pthelander@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 08:38:56 -0800
Cc: british-cars-pre-war@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Geoff and all,
I have been using a modern filter element in the original oil canister on
the NE for the past ten years.  I get them from a racing parts supplier
called PEGASUS Auto Racing Supplies.  It is described in their catalogue
as:  8 micron, 4.62" length.....Part No. 1292...$13.99.  It fits right in
the original canister and is reinforced inside and out, so it will take
flow in either direction (something a lot of screw on filters can not
always do and therefore you must do something about reversing the flow).  I
use all the original internal parts including the relief valve assembly.
The unit does have hard metal ends, so I do glue a soft cork or neoprene
washer onto each end to assure that it seals against the original end
plates.
I suggest you check is out on their website: www.pegasusautoracing.com, or
give them a call at 1.800.688.6949.  They are located in New Berlin,
Wisconsin.

Good Luck,

Pete Thelander
pthelander@earthlink.net

P.S.  Now that everyone has converted to a spin-on adapter, does anyone
have any internal parts from their old original that they would care to
part with?  The spare engine I have is missing the relief valve.