Re: petrol reserve tap

To: David Stansbie <David.Stansbie@bristol.ac.uk>, WELTER Norbert <NORBERT.WELTER@airport.etat.lu>
Subject: Re: petrol reserve tap
From: Ray <spook01@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 08:29:45 -0500
Cc: mg-mmm <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Easy stuff!  I had the same problem with the TB, and it was solved in a most
<erm> MG-ish way.
Merely open a bottle of your favorite wine (Beaujolais worked for me), and
using a razor knife and drill bit simply make another cork seal.  Then put the
cork in some Castrol R (Caster oil works too, but doesn't smell as good!), heat
it gently and let it absorb overnight (time to get rid of the wine fumes).
Re-assemble the valve, and USE it a couple of times a month.  If you do it
won't dry out again.
Most of the other solutions I have seen dissolve in the new "gasoline" because
of its high benzene content.  The other solutions tend to leak.
And don't forget to use the rest of the "R" in the gas tank a couple of drops
at a time for sensory surround!!
Non illigitimi carborundum est,
Ray