Re: petrol reserve tap

To: NORBERT.WELTER@airport.etat.lu, mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: petrol reserve tap
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 10:38:03 EDT
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
In a message dated 6/5/03 00:41:47 Pacific Daylight Time,
NORBERT.WELTER@airport.etat.lu writes:

<< Is there a possibility to substitute the cork for another material like
Nylon or Teflon? >>

Teflon has been used Norbert.....also Mike Dowley is now advertising a tap
that "works" so he must have come up with a substitute for cork.  I tried to
fit
o-rings in my TA with limited success.  I finally plugged the tap and fitted
an electronic pump on the bottom feed at rear of the car.  Its wired to the
tail light so that you need reserve fuel, just turn on the side lights.  If you
need cool fuel......some thing.  It will pump through the SU.
Terry in Oakland