Re: petrol reserve tap

To: WELTER Norbert <NORBERT.WELTER@airport.etat.lu>
Subject: Re: petrol reserve tap
From: David Stansbie <David.Stansbie@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 09:05:57 +0100
Cc: mg-mmm <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
I've had a problem with a J2. Try soaking
the cork in Castrol R (castor oil) before
installation. Then ensure that the seal is
exposed to petrol regularly. I activate the
pump at least once a week even if I'm not
using the car to keep it moist.
Barry Foster told me that he has cast a
rubber seal in situ and had success with
that. You would need to put a silicone
coating on the inside of the tap before
pouring the rubber mix in. On Thu, 5 Jun 2003
09:39:59 +0200 WELTER Norbert