Re: petrol reserve tap

To: WELTER Norbert <NORBERT.WELTER@airport.etat.lu>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: petrol reserve tap
From: "J.E.A.Rich" <mmmbob@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 09:13:54 -0600
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Norbert,

I have fixed many petrol reserve taps for MMM cars. The simplest way is to
replace the cork with a chunk of Teflon. I machine the Teflon to match the
original cork and the job is done. The biggest problem is that the plate on
the bottom of the spindle isn't at an exactly defined angle so each Teflon
"plug" has to be made to suit the individual tap, whereas the cork could be
squished to fit! Also, one needs a special drill for the square spindle
hole.

If you're interested, I charge $20 per tap plus postage.

Cheers, "Bob".