Re: Oil Return pipe

To: lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com, mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil Return pipe
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 12:36:54 EST
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
In a message dated 1/20/03 19:01:16 Pacific Standard Time,
lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com writes:

<< On my PB Airline, I have discovered an oil pipe that has me curious. It
 is the middle drain pipe from the head to the crankcase. Near the top
 end of this pipe there is a VERY neatly (like factory built) brazed-in
 < BSP male fitting with a matching male plugged nipple and nut
 obviously to seal off this fitting.  >>

Lew, take a look at the 1999 Yearbook article on oil pipes.......page 52 "
There are quite a few other copper tubes fitted to OHC M.G.'s.  C, J4, K3, Q
and R had the dash mounted oil reserve tank and ........
Supercharged cars had various oil supply and drain pipes."

Any evidence that your car had a dash mounted oil reserve tank or a SC??

Barry Foster can probably answer your question if you send him a picture.....
Terry