Re: Sleep aid! your Head

To: <TATERRY@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Sleep aid! your Head
From: "Andrew Fock" <awfock@optushome.com.au>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 12:15:21 +1100
Cc: "MG Pre-war" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Hi Terry,

I was of the opinion that it is a bad idea to use seals on the exhaust valve
stems if you are using the original valves and guides.It is usually better
to over lubricate the guides than risk under lubrication. What one should do
if you are using modern materials is anyone's guess. However, if in doubt
leave them out! An even better way of avoiding the problem is to us a
supercharger. Then the oil is blown back up the guides!

Andrew