Re: Test/PA activity

To: <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Test/PA activity
From: "Peter Ross" <boltonmg@mediaone.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 07:36:26 -0400
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
We are more active outdoors this summer rather than doing email, but the
winter cometh.

The PA (#255) is going well.  We didn't race it at Lime Rock this year like we
did last, but we did use it for the VSCCA Hunnewell Hill Climb.  We normally
use it for the Castle Hill event, but we are just embarking on a family
related trip to England and will not be back in time.  A pleasant trip was to
Gerry Gougen's where our local club organized a picnic to cheer him up.  He
was very cheerful but is bemoaning lack of strength to do the things he
normally does.  He is building a brick patio though, which is no light
undertaking!  He was talking about going to Beulieu.

We have been racing the TC this summer and have suffered from a design
deficiency compared to MMM.  We wish the TC had an oil pick up and low mounted
oil pump like the PA, for the TC suffered from loss of prime and hence zero
oil pressure on a very twisty course.  After repairing the damage we have to
put a baffle system in the sump.  Longer term I'd like to replicate the PA
system.

Cheers,
Peter & Rachel Ross.