Re: Internal sleeves in butt joints

To: gmc6power@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Internal sleeves in butt joints
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 13:17:58 EST
Hi JD

Actually the guy that told me his car needed the sleeves asked to be
unidentified for political reasons. It was at Bonneville a few years ago with
the
SCTA. It was a lakester and the tech guys knew he wanted to add twin turbos  to
a AA class car down the road and they may have been extra critical of the car
considering what speeds it will be capable of later. He said 5 inspectors
looked at the car for hours going over every weld with a fine tooth comb. He
admitted his welds weren't the best and I have a feeling they were the reason
the inspectors wanted internal sleeves. They required him to take the car home,
 add the two sleeves, grind off most welds and re weld them properly which he
did  and the car passed.

Otto