Re: new guys

To: "lone eagle" <eaglemot@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: new guys
From: Jon Wennerberg <jonw@up.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 08:58:06 -0500
On Tuesday, March 16, 2004, at 08:51 AM, lone eagle wrote:

> and the /another nice thing about nos is that it will still make HP
> when it
> is set up a bit on the rich side.retard the timing -YES.make sure your
> crew
> or SOMEBODY verifies and or puts gas/fuel in the tank so you don't run
> dry
> while on the button! (don't laugh too hard, i-we've done it!).last but
> not
> least---KT said something to me that i had to find out the hard way-nos
> likes rpm's............period. most of my other troubles i've had is
> hitting
> the button too low in the r's..........my situation is "hit the button
> below
> 5 grand and i lose a head gasket, above 5 and little worries." hope
> this
> helps.   dad land
> Lone Eagle Motor Co.
> 1610 A Sigman rd.
> Conyers GA. 30012
> 770-760-9101
> eaglemot@bellsouth.net
> www.lone-eagle.net
> National Land Speed Record Holders

Hello, Dad.  I hit the button somewhere past 9,000rpm (no pushrods in
my motor!), but am planning on redoing the fuel map to help me get
through the first couple of miles.  I'm just finishing my first year of
running N2O, and didn't think to have a lean (read: gas) mixture below
9 grand, so everything loaded up real bad during the first 3 1/2 miles.
  I'd be feathering the throttle 'cause it was running so rich, swearing
at the dirty plugs as I rode, and all that stuff -- and still have
dirty plugs when I'd get to the middle mile where I push the button.
It'd take a little while for the nitrous to burn off the crud -- then
wowee-zowee, off I'd go!.

This year the map will be lean below 8,500 or so to let me get halfway
down the course, then rich for when the nitrous starts flowing.
Ignition map will follow the same type of strategy.

And there'll be a BIG sticker plainly visible to the rider saying: "Do
not hit the button 'til over 9,000 rpm!!!"

Ah, the beauty of programmable ignition and F.I.  Now, if I can figure
out how to enter the program into the bike right I won't make so many
ashtrays, but that's another story...

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan