Fwd: Re: Solid suspension and visibility comments

To: kturk@ala.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Re: Solid suspension and visibility comments
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 08:43:05 -0500 (EST)
Hi Keith, this doesn't seem to have gone through.  Bill
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 17:39:21 -0500 (EST)
To: kturk@ala.net (Keith Turk), land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Solid suspension and visibility comments

Hi Keith, guess you hit the firebottles when you feel your back start to
get hot.

This reminds me of the story from back in the '50s when the Vincent
designer, Phil Irving, had gone home to Australia for a while to work,
and while there had built a blown alcohol Vincent power unit for a
friend to race installed in one of those tiny rear-engine Cooper
open-wheel race cars of the era.  The driver quickly found that the heat
from the front exhaust pipe of the engine, behind his seat, became
unbearable on his back, and they had to find a way to insulate it or the
car was undriveable.

Thanks for the interesting report on the Lakester, I was wondering how
you made out.  Ardun Bill