RE: Solid suspension and visibility comments

To: "'ddahlgren@snet.net'" <ddahlgren@snet.net>,
Subject: RE: Solid suspension and visibility comments
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 11:06:15 -0600
Dave,

I'd suggest using a switch guard (one of those red spring- loaded types) to
prevent accidental actuation. Just batting it down with your hand would
quickly trigger a manual actuation of the fire suppression system. If an
additional level of protection against accidental actuation is desired, a
second SPST "arm" switch could be added in series with the first one and the
solenoid valve. You'd need to remember to flip it ON, though. There are
always drawbacks to any approach-- it wouldn't be a universal solution to
the fire detection problem. ....just a few ideas.

Regards,  Neil   Tucson, AZ