Re: LSR Clutches and Flywheels

To: ardunbill@webtv.net
Subject: Re: LSR Clutches and Flywheels
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 21:28:20 EST
          Hello  Bill,    I  can highly recommend the products of these two
manufacturers .   From  1961 to  1965,  I  used ( or should say  ABUSED )  a
Weber aluminum flywheel with a Scheifer Clutch setup on my  301" Chev  powered
C / Gasser,  usually " launching " at  over  6000  RPM, and on numerous
occasions,
leaving at over  7500  RPM .   I  had  already gone through  a number of
stock
Chevrolet clutches of both styles, and  didn't trust the stock flywheels
anymore as
things progressed !     I   never  experienced  the  slightest  trouble from
either unit
in well over 100 runs, so needless to say  I  became a firm believer in their
ability
" to take a licking  -----  and  KEEP  on ticking ! "    I  sold the engine
to a friend
who told me, several years later, he had rebuilt the motor, but was still
using the
same clutch / wheel in daily hard service in a truck ,  with no problems .
       Since you mentioned their old catalog, I thought I'd tell you where I
bought
those parts  -----  and  quite a few other goodies, back then, by  mail order
:
                   Honest  Charlie's   in   Chattanooga,  Tennessee  !

   -----  we also had the pleasure of meeting him, and his lovely wife, "
Honest
Gracie ", at the Charlestown, Rhode Island drag strip, in fall of  1960 or '
61 .
         They were visiting New  England in their new " candy apple red "  T
- Bird .

       Again, I  had great service from those parts, way back then, and would
not
hesitate to utilize them today .   Good  luck with your flathead  (  actual
flathead
  -----  or  Zora' s  heads ?  ) .
                                          Bruce  Ferguson  on   COLD
Connecticut  shoreline