Re: LSR Clutches and Flywheels

To: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>,
Subject: Re: LSR Clutches and Flywheels
From: "Jim Bickford" <jbickford@volcano.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 09:56:05 -0800
Dan, Skip

At Bonneville in 96 I had Jim Diest go over my restraint system
while I was in the streamliner. One of his recommendations was
to put an additional strap that went through the dual antisubmarine
belt buckle at the lap belt attachment end down to a frame crossmember
in the cener of the floor between my legs. Picture a line drawn down
your chest until it intersects the floor. This is where it needs to be
anchored. For laydown seating such as in streamliners, this keeps the
lap belt from riding up in a crash and damaging your abdomen.

It work perfectly in 98 when I crashed. The doctor at SLC spent $500
to x-ray my abdomen several times, he couldn't understand why my
spleen wasn't damaged.

I know I am one of many drivers who owes their life to Jim Diest.

Jim Bickford