RE: Who's Who

To: "datsun-roadster list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Who's Who
From: "Cohen, David M" <D.Cohen@hp.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 14:45:46 -0700
Hi,
  My name is David Cohen and I reside in Fremont, California.  I am 36
years old, single, no children and not happy about it.  I have never
been married but hope to be sometime in the near future.

I have worked most of my adult life in the computer industry.  I have
had many manufacturing support jobs over the past 13 years.  The company
I started for was named Tandem Computers in Cupertino, CA.  Then a few
years ago Compaq Computers of Texas bought us.  Then in the past year HP
bought Compaq.  So, now I am a material planner for HP.  We still build
the same product, Main Frames, but have changed the sign on the front of
the building 3 times.

The day I turned 16 I bought my first car which was a Datsun 510. I
can't remember the year.  I had auto shop in high school and remember
pulling the motor and installing it for fun. One of the teachers had a
beautiful Datsun Roadster 2000.  I wanted one ever since.  When I first
started with Tandem Computers about 13 years ago I found out one of my
coworkers also had a beautiful Datsun Roadster 2000.  I knew one day I
would buy one and that day came this past summer.  I picked up a '69
2000 in Marin, CA.  The clutch, among other things, went out on it
within a month of owning the car.  I parked it while deciding whether to
rebuild the car or buy a fully restored one.  I ended up buying a
beautiful red 1968 solex 2000 in the Los Angeles area about 8 weeks ago.
I am now contemplating whether to restore the 1969 2000 or sell it.
Anyone interested in a project car?  I may consider parting out the car
as well.  If anyone is interested please reply or call me at
510-552-0529.

Regards,
David Cohen
510-354-4005